Friday, May 6, 2011

Life's good

Whether it's coincidental or the fortune teller was good. He said my life's getting dramatically better starting on April. Well, I cant truly say it did. But loads of stuffs are definitely making me feel happy at the moment. Starting off with the easter break. Best one ever!
Spain was somewhat hotter than expected. Seville was definitely overrated. The only reason I would wanna get back there is to go to Granada and see the Moorish castle. Nothing much there. We got to familiarize ourselves with Spanish culture and how ppl there tend to have dinner at 8 or 9 -_-" Yea, we went to one restaurant and found out that at 11pm ppl were still coming in.
Madrid was better. Besides lots of place to chill out and drink, I dont think there're much to Madrid either. I'm not a fan of palace so it was pretty much the same as Versailles or in Schonbrun in Vienna in my opinion lol. It was a must see anyhow.
Barcelona, on the other hand, was totally awesome. This city by far is the city (in europe) I think most closely resembles Bangkok in many ways. From the lively night lives. Ppl still out there at 11pm. This city even has its own seaside beach; abundant seafood. best FC in the world. Gaudi was a must. went to see the temple and his museum. Price a bit too steep but I can cope with that given that what I saw was literally another worldly. Wish we had another day or two there.
Lisbon. I read in the guidebook and it said this city is the "immediately likable European capital" and now i know why. Tiled walking street everywhere. Washed out white colored building. Love it. Too bad we didnt have enough time to go to Sintra, the nearby city. This city along with Porto will definitely be on my to go list.
Flight back to Liverpool just to buy another train ticket back to Nott because what we booked was two hours later -_-" spent another 28 pounds each or so. Caught a bus next morning to heathrow to catch a flight to Vienna. Slept over for a night and took a 35 euro taxi to the airport (shit, i got ripped off) and saw my family!!!
It was a moment where I couldnt describe in words. I didnt know what to expect. Others go back to Thailand to see their family but mine comes to Europe to travel together with me :D
Vienna was a fine fine city, just like any German city, very tidy and structured. I dont know if theres anything else to see in Budapest besides the Blue Danube. But the view was seriously magnificent. Bratislava is a different communist feel type of city. Not much there. Revisited Prague. Pretty much a same difference. Spring gave this city a totally different touch. Attracted heck lots of tourists as well. And finally the city I missed last time, Cesky Krumlov. It's a nice lovely town where I would wanna come again just to stroll around for an hour and cover the whole town by foot already. Karlovy Vary was a classic one as well.
Flight back to London. I found out that by being alone, it took only an hour and a bit to get out of the plane - through the immgration - get to heathrow express - paddington - tube to st pancras. Only an hour and a bit !!! First i thought i was going to miss the 11:30 train back to Notts. Obviously I had half an hour to wait after all the hurry I made.
Oh, did I mention I got accepted into Warwick Uni yet? Currently still waiting for LSE result but I'm now inclined to go to Warwick for Msc Financial math. very inclined to. Gonna be doing intern this summer as well. After 4 years of friendship with Ice, I just knew his mom was a vice ceo of a brokerage firm. Well, at least that was in time to get me in to do the intern this summer haha. I'll need to do math revision before the term starts as well. They're firing students who cant pass their math refresher exam on the first week ><" Planning to study for CFA level 1 too, probably in December. Hopefully in December. It's gonna be heck of a summer.
About the assignments and exams, I seriously dont care about engineering anymore whatsoever. No reason to know all about the ICs and the electronic behind a circuit so the coursework I just sent was a super paraphase copy 5555. From my seniors, that is. I now have my mind set only to get everything pass 70% and that will be it for my undergrad study :D:D
gonna be hard from now on! ganbarimasu!!
PS dear future me: If i ever have a child studying in UK, tell him/her to attend a samaggi game ^____^
Life is definitely good.

No comments:

Post a Comment