Friday, July 8, 2011

The better is yet to come!

I havnt been this busy since .... ever! Well, the last time I was this busy was when I was preparing for AP Biology (YES I got a 5 on that :D) Wake up every morning at 6:30 or 7 or so. Check facebook on whats up the previous night. Do the morning routine and I'm off to my internship. Thanks god the place is at Silom. Love the place. Lots of food. Colleagues keep educating me every single day. Learning heck lots of new stuff. I cant believe I can get this much from being an intern. No paperwork shit. No coffee running. Pure experience. Do whatever I want. Two of the guys had masters in finance. Genius they are. Another one a graduate from harvard, worked at Goldman for 5 years in Japan, now a CEO of a private equity firm called evolution, listed in the stock exchange. Days after days I keep listening to whatever they talk about. Little by little i absorb all the financial terms I never heard before. I started to get bit by bit, asking when appropriate and hopefully this will enhance my learning experience when I'm back to UK.
Work ends at 5 or 5:30 or 6 or 3:30 it's all up to me lol. After which is a BTS ride to Siam and a date/dinner with her :) I'll be home by 9 or so and dead tired. I still have to read the math for the fundamental course, stocks book to educate myself how to pick good stocks (Yes! I finally own a port!), CFA stuff to be taken in December.
And all these graduations taking place every other week. I went to chula that I knew all the buildings already. Took heck lots of pics. What fun.
Then I need to set aside time to go out with my family and her so that my precious time left in bkk is not wastefully spent sleeping. Like i said, havnt been this busy since a long long while.
Better things yet. LSE rejected me for the msc financial math course (probably because i didnt have the right degree) but accepted my second choice offer which is msc finance. dammit. honestly if this choice comes up abit earlier i might go for it. now, with the internship thing going everyday i feel like doing this kinda job would be much more fun than the analysing company's equity and those stuffs. u can probably say i love math lol. didnt take 10 math modules for nothing did i.
i'll be flying back to UK to my grad ceremony next week! kind of a waste of money but i did this just to let my dad feels like i'm graduated :D
looking forward to every single day for the rest of this summer!

1 comment: