Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Nearing the end of the journey

This blog's totally a personal revelation about studying. It's supposed to be read by future me to check back what I'm thinking now. This may be a long and winding article going nowhere lol

Four years ago around this time I still couldnt decide where to study, what to study, heck, my dad even said just go abroad for the undergrad study. Me being ever so afraid of overwhelming change, I decided TEP is the way. It was one of the few courses offering a chance to go study in the UK with friends from Thailand. I cant possibly imagine what my life would be if I chose to do SWU's medical program lol. Me being a doctor, ahahahha.
Right now, one more semester left to go and I'll reach the destination. It's different from what I expected by four years ago really.

Then: I would probably be working well in an industry well paid abroad. Work work work, a few years and I'll hopefully be able to do some business of my own.
Reality kicks in, now I can never think of what I would be doing after that few years of work. Postgrad study's the only way through.

The point is that what's the purpose of this study I'm going through after all. Is there anything I can measure from my achievement other than the grades? Full four solid years and it seems I'm still the same me from highschool, doing studies on my own, reading just before exam. Heck, my first two years were even a stay still or backward. Relying on highschool knowledge to waste time in the dorm and go to exam -_-" What on earth could possibly be a better way to waste a year eh? Somehow, I still havnt seemed to face that "hardship" and "difficulty" of the "engineering school" everyone told yet. Is it a fluke I happened to have chosen an easy course or I'm destined for a harder one, I truly have no idea.

Well, so here it is what I think I received from college besides "Grades"
First two years
- how to drive long distance (60km, yea I do consider that long distance lol)
- how to make friendship by helping them (with the exam, IN the exam rather) (lol yea u know what i'm talking about)
- how to rely on your own given only the lecture note and a textbook. (by far the most useful skill in college. Think again I think I got this skill in highschool already. Well let's say the skill got sharpened)
- how to live semi-outside of your family (at least 4 of 7 days each studying week)
- buildup level of tolerance from long straight hours of gaming everyday
- inspiration to travel (thank you for that ^^)

I cant really think of anything else right now. No wonder at all why my dad kept telling me to go do something. Totally clear right now why. Two years and I barely do anything but going to exams.

Here's things I got from the last two years. What i've got in the UK, you can say

- how to live on your own. Totally on my own. (except the job part)
- photography skill
- how to rely on your friends when things go bad. Another crucial thing. I cant possibly do everything on my own.
- another level of perspective of life regarding future, career
- a different perspective of Thailand
- a perspective of different countries I've travelled to.
- how to plan trips (not that good yet but I can say it's improving each time I travel)
- sports skill regained
- leadership skill, working in a team (used to have them in highschool, lost these in the first 2 years -_-")
- cooking skill :D
- new people to meet
- working with people on a bigger scale

This list goes on. Obviously it's more constructive than the first two years considerably. Right now I view the world as worth exploring everywhere as opposed to used to thinking that I'd rather just stay where I'm good. It's probably been the 2 years I learned new stuffs ever since ... umm... highschool ahaha.

Coming to the conclusion, I would like to make a new year resolution for this year. After so many guesses of what my life would be like. This year 2011, I will, by the end of the year, have a defined path I can truly be directed upon.

I'm putting so much hope on you now, America. Please do not fail me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment